quarta-feira, setembro 19, 2007

I’ve just been watching this documentary that I found in the archives of the American Athlete blog about the origin and beginning of House Music. From the early disco days in the Chicago Warehouse, where the name comes from, all the way to the Hacienda in Manchester. It turned out that I had quite a lot of music which is featured in the documentary.

It’s always nice to see and hear these classics within the context of a story told by some of the key figures involved. I also got a chance to listen to Voodoo Ray again. What a great early track from A Guy Called Gerald. I almost forgot about it, what a shame!

There was also another fantastic classic in the documentary which sounded very familiar but I can’t remember the name of it or the artist. They didn’t mention it either. Very frustrating, so if anybody knows the title from that dark minimal track playing from 11'50'' until 12'17'', during those images of the Manchester skyline and high-rises at sunset/sunrise, please let me know.

Here’s (some of) the music…

163 Inner Life feat. Jocelyn Brown – Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Larry Levan's Garage Mix)
164 The Salsoul Orchestra – Ooh, I Love It (Love Break) (original Shep Pettibone 12' remix)
165 Marshall Jefferson – Move your body (Frankie Knuckles Anthem mix)
166 Farley 'jackmaster' Funk & Jesse Saunders – Love Can't Turn Around (1986)
167 Judy Street – What – Northern Soul
T-Coy – Carino
A Guy Called Gerald – Voodoo Ray
A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray (The Frankie Knuckles Paradise Ballroom mix)

And a statement…

Nenhum comentário: