domingo, maio 13, 2007

BarbieQ


As a kind of antidote to all the time passing by con Bolly some random novelties.

Strategy - Future Rock - Can't Rolll Back
A recent discovery is Strategy. A one person band apparently with a new album called Future Rock. Very sophisticated and groovy but not exactly the Future of Rock but rather the future of AfroBeat, Soul and Dub.

Riot in Belgium - La Musique (Adam Sky remix)
Riot in Belgium a sort of Belgian band (I’m not really sure) that’s been around for a while now. Great remix of a great tune.

Piano Club - Girl On TV (Philippe Zdar Mix)
Another Belgian band
Piano Club. They keep growin’ by the dozen and most of them are pretty decent too. I hope this evolution never stops.

Groove Armada - Get Down
The new Groove Armada single goes Dancehal.

Chromeo – Fancy Footwork
Finally a new Chromeo album. First single and just as good as before. Same old shit but I really like it.

Moments - James Brown
I finally found my all time favorite James Brown track. It wasn’t easy to find. A rather atypical track. No floorfiller but a theme for thought. Mr. Brown reminiscing in his own way about the state of affairs in the world. Same ol’ shit as up to date as ever. Things will never change if we don’t start to THINK!

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - Naturally - How Do I Let A Good Man Down
A recent discovery.
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings are state of the art genuine old skool Soul and R&B but not from the past but from the present. A band from Brooklyn with a great female vocalist and some ace musicians. This track from the album Naturally sound very in line with The Ethiopian Groove. Which in it’s turn is based on Soul, Funk and R&B. So full circle.
This reminds me that Paul Weller of The Jam and Style Council is comin’ to town on Wednesday to spin some turntables as a DJ. He’s presenting a fine selection of his private soul and funk record collection.

The White Stripes - Icky Thump
Wow, what a Progrock monstersound the new single from the White Stripes has. It’s seems that they’re on a mission to revamp all forgotten music styles.

To end, something that brings back memories. Some videos that I found on Youtube with Lady Miss Kier. The summers of 1990 and 1991 when House seemed brand new. I didn’t know anything about Detroit Techno or even House back in those days. The electronic music I heard was pretty white and European (Kraftwerk, Front 242, Cabaret Voltaire,...). I’m mainly into black music so it was a pleasant surprise to find out about black electronic dance music. All thanks to Bootsy and Worrel and Deee-Lite. If you want more of this nostalgic stuff, just go to MeckerMeckerMecker just over to the right in the column of links.








Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

An іmρresѕive share! I hаvе just forwarded this onto а friend whо had been cоnduсting a little
reseaгch on this. Αnd he actually bοught me breakfаst due tο thе fact that I discοveгed it fοr him.
.. lol. Sо let me reword thіs.... Thanks fοr the meal!
! But yeah, thаnκs fοr spеnding time to talk about this isѕue here on уouг blog.



Feel free to surf to my web blog: loans for bad credit
my page > loans for bad credit