sábado, maio 30, 2009

It’s a great day. A long weekend, a sunny day and I’ve been around looking for records and stuff and what did I find? A real whopper :) I never thought I would ever find this one but I just did, Manuel Göttsching’s E2-E4 record.
Maybe that doesn’t make a bell ring for many people but it’s just awesome. It supposed to be recorded on one seminal evening in September 1981 after he returned from a tiring tour with Klaus Schulze, who used to be a member in his band Ash Ra Temple, and got first released in 1984 after many people pushed him to do so and it ended up being virtually the blueprint for much of the Techno and Ambient house music afterwards.
It’s still incredible to hear this piece of music as something that’s not brand new but as a record that’s 28 years old. The length of the record is a sign though. Almost 60 minutes. Only Ricardo Villalobos does that these days :)
I made an edit of the first part which is about 13 minutes and it’s called Ruhige Nervosität or quiet nervousness. It pretty much marks the essence of the music.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Larry Levan used E2-E4 to tune and calibrate the sound system at the Paradise Garage each weekend.

Anônimo disse...

looks like great looks beyond fantastic.hommes bijoux