sábado, dezembro 06, 2008

Burned Barbie-Qutie


Just look what Santa’s competitor Saint Nicolas brought with him all the way from Spain. I received a load of very charming, adventurous, weird and slightly burned but otherwise wonderful stuff, ready to be shared. It’s been a good year music wise (has there ever been a bad one?). But first of all… a golden Detroit oldie. Still looking for a hardcopy of this oldskool techno classic. Maybe Santa brings one over from The States?

Reel By Real – Surkit 1990 (Peacefrog)

One can find compilations these days collecting music on the most bizarre topics. Take for instance ‘Tea’ or the art of making tea. Teaism is a release on Static Caravan and features at least one outstanding killertrack by Cornel Wilczek, aka Qua, from Melbourne Australia. According to Wikipedia Lapsang Souchong is: a type of xxxtra-strong (and gross) black tea which is meant to taste ‘similar to the smell of a campfire or of Latakia pipe tobacco’ or whatever.

This is what Qua wrote himself about it: ‘This song was inspired by an unexpected finding when experimenting with ice teas. While chilling many different teas, one of my favourite hot teas, Lapsang Souchong, took on a whole new taste when served cold. It has energy and sense of mature fun. I wrote this song for her’.
After hearing the track I’m seriously considering to give it a try. After my trip to Italy I got hooked on Coffee again so I wanna switch back to tea.

Qua – Lapsang Souchong (iced tea mix)
DJ Mehdi – Pocket Piano (Brodinski remix)
Morgan Geist – Detroit (C2 remix 1)
Owusu Hannibal – Delirium 12” (Morgan Geist unreleased dub)
Final Fantasy – Cockatrice
Fyoelk – Kelly
Harley – From Paris With Love (rac remix)
Passion Pit – Sleepy Head
Neon Blonde – Crystal Beaches Never Turned Me On
Le Corps Mince de Françoise – Cool and Bored
Micachu & The Shapes – Golden Phone
Micachu & The Shapes – Just in Case
Bat For Lashes – What's A Girl To Do
Terror Bird – Parties Are For Fools
Little Jinder – I Like It Casual

I can hit myself and bang my head against the wall right now or rather climb into the curtains and walk on the ceiling out of pure frustration. Why? I forgot that Dan Curtin was coming to town last night to DJ at Café Capital (which is practically in my backyard).Dan’ who? Well I would direct your question to an appropriate site or page with proper and substantial info but I can’t find one right now. His myspace isn’t that informative and doesn’t do him right according to the role he played in the evolution of electronic dancemusic. So maybe a quick pick of some of his music then.

Dan Curtin – Matter of Sound (Peacefrog) 1995
Dan Curtin – Ride (Peacefrog) 1996
Dan Curtin – Sword Of Orion Dave Angel mix (Sublime) 1998

Nenhum comentário: