quinta-feira, dezembro 27, 2007

Italo Space disco 2

I have to get this out of my system so here's some more rare italo disco stuff. they're still at a low bitrate because I can't find the right knobs yet.

Talking ‘bout Gino Soccio. Here are two of my favourite Soccio tracks. I already posted another one here. Even though I have quite some Soccio productions, I must admit that I don’t know much about the guy. Except that he’s from Canada. Just like the Erotic Drum Band and Kebekelektrik. You might have guessed it. I bought me a disco sampler from Canada.

Gino Soccio – Remember
Gino Soccio – Try It Out (12 inch)
Erotic Drum Band – Pop Pop Shoo Wah (long version 1979)

Next Costandinos. He’s a French producer who worked with on Cerrone's first album and wrote songs for him. Later on he produced Claude François and Dalida but he also made records under his own name like The Synchophonic Orchestra Featuring Alirol and Jacquet. It’s not as good as I thought it would be but Synergy is still a great track.

Alec R Costandinos – Synergy (1979)

This one reminds me of the main theme from The love Boat. Paul Cacia is a trumpet player and bandleader who played in the band of Stan Kenton for while, hence the symphonic allures of this track.


Paul Cacia Band – Saved By Your Love (1978)

The break is a total disco classic! This one fits right in, in any DJ set. The rhythm makes is highly mixable. More disco with Brainstorm’s luvgame. A favourite of mine. The others were totally unknown to me but they’re pretty ok.

Kat Mandu – The Break (1979)
Brainstorm – Loving Is Really My Game (1977)
Extensions from Area Code (212) – Manhattan Shuffle (1979)
Firefly – Love Is Gonna Be On Your Side (1980)
Koffie – And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going (Long Version 1983)
Jo Boyer – Isabelle And The Rain (1978)

And to finish, again more rare italo disco. No comment needed.

Amnésie – Turas (1983)
The Immortals – Warlord (Part II – B side) (1979)
Sissy – Queen Of Discoteque (1984)
Talko – Psyko Flash (1983)
Trilogy – Not Love

Nenhum comentário: